From late November - Mid April, Big White Ski Resort is the place to be to enjoy various activities, including:
- Alpine Skiing/Snowboarding - Big White is proud to run one of Canada’s modern lift systems to give skiers/boarders of all abilities access to the 118 runs covering the 2,765 acres of skiable terrain. Not only is Big White Ski Resort the second largest Family Ski Resort in British Columbia, it is also known for the massive amount of champagne powder snow received on a yearly basis.
- Free Mountain Tours - New to the mountain and no clue where to go? No worries, Big White Ski Resort’s Snow Hosts are here to help you show the best ski and snowboarding spots on the mountain! This complimentary mountain tour is available daily (based on conditions) and will you feel like a local in no time.
- Night Skiing - Night Skiing at Big White Ski Resort gives you the opportunity to enjoy the slopes after your busy work day. With access to the Bullet Express and Plaza Chair, you can enjoy 2,569 meters of terrain until 8 PM and have a chance to ski the longest vertical drop of all night skiing areas in North America!
- Nordic Skiing - On top of the 118 ski runs, Big White Ski Resort also offers 25 kilometers of Nordic and Wilderness trails to satisfy those who prefer cross country skiing. With 14 kilometers of groomed trails, Big White Ski Resort truly caters to cross country skiers of all levels.
- Dog Sled Tours - Nothing more Canadian than enjoying a dog sledding tour to take in the sights of Big White Ski Resort. Candle Creek Kennels has been in business for a number of years and will take you, together with their Canadian sled dogs, on an unforgettable winter adventure. All of the tours start with an introduction to the dogs, the sled, and the process of harnessing before heading out into Big White Ski Resort’s famous backcountry.
- Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides - Enjoy getting away from the busy Big White Ski Resort and book an old-fashioned horse drawn sleigh ride. With blankets to cozy up under and hot chocolate to keep you warm, everyone in your family or your group of friends can enjoy the beautiful sights of the snow-covered forest.
- Ice Climbing Tower - No visit to Big White Ski Resort is complete without trying to conquer the impressive 60 foot ice tower. With avid climbing staff available to help you get in to the right gear and encourage you on your way to the top, ice climbing truly can be a fun family experience.
- Tubing - Located in the Happy Valley Adventure Centre, Big White Ski Resort’s tube park offers 5 groomed lanes to provide fun for young and old with a maximum of 50 tube riders per hour. Tubing does not require any previous experience, only well-dressed people who are ready for some fun and excitement.
- Snowmobile Tours - Whether you are new to snowmobiling or are an experienced rider, Big White Ski Resort offers a variety of trails to cater to everyone’s skill level. Enjoy the stunning BC backcountry by booking one of the various snowmobiling tours offered.
Mini snowmobiles are provided for kids so they can experience the thrill of going snowmobiling on a track specifically built for them. Not only is this a great opportunity for kids to try this new activity, but it also reassures the parents that their little adrenaline junkies will be safe.
- Ice Skating - Strap on your skates and go for a spin on Canada’s highest outdoor skating rink surrounded by snow-covered trees and picturesque mountains. Whether you are new to skating and want to enjoy a skate with friends and family or play a game of good old hockey between friends, Big White Ski Resort’s skating rink is the place to be!
- Snowshoe Tours - With beginner to advanced options available, going snowshoeing can be an experience for the whole family as it requires no previous experience. Choose from a guided tour to learn more about Big White Ski Resort or go on your own adventure and explore the beautiful winter wonderland.
- Kelowna Rockets Hockey - Cheer on your local WHL Kelowna Rockets hockey team while they fight to earn a spot in the National Hockey League. Visit Big White Ski Resort’s Concierge located at the Village Centre Mall to arrange the tickets and transportation.
- Fat Biking - Hop on one of the fat bikes provided by Big White Ski Resort and enjoy the mountain on one of the two designated trails provided.